How To Enroll?
New Student Enrollment for 2023-24
We are happy to welcome you to our school district!New Student Enrollment for Poway Unified School District is an on-line process.
Poway Unified offers both In-person Learning and Alternative Learning Pathways. All new students must first enroll in their school of residence. Families interested in an Alternative Learning Pathway will have the opportunity to submit their interest within the digital new student enrollment packet. Alternative Learning Pathway enrollment is dependent upon space availability per learning option.
On-Campus Full Day (K-12)
On-campus learning environments five days per week.
Alternative Learning Pathways
- Connect Academy (Grades K-8)
- A virtual academy, which provides both teacher directed synchronous (real-time) learning and asynchronous lessons (independent work), in an online environment. Please visit the Connect Academy webpage for more information.
- Poway Home Education Program (PHEP) (Grades TK-8)
- For families who prefer to home school their children using PUSD and state adopted curriculum. Please visit the Alternative Learning Programs webpage for more information.
- New Directions - Independent Study (Grades 6-12)
- The independent study program gives students the opportunity to meet middle and high school requirements outside the regular classroom setting. Please visit the Alternative Learning Programs webpage for more information.
- Poway Virtual Courses (Grades 9-12)
- Virtual courses offered in a variety of subject areas as a complement to students’ in-person or independent study schedules. Please visit the Poway Virtual Courses webpage for more information and enrollment directions.
- Poway to Palomar Middle College (Grade 11)
- A new dual enrollment partnership with Palomar College offering a focus on academic opportunities by providing students with access to college courses, internships, independent learning and electives. Please visit the Middle College webpage for more information and eligibility requirements. (Website coming soon!)
Directions for the New Enrollment ProcessPackets are completed digitally using any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. (Please contact your assigned school of residence to schedule an appointment if you do not have access to a device/internet or need assistance with completing the online enrollment packet.)
STEP 1: Gather Documents Required for Enrollment
- Enrolling parent/guardian photo ID (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Age Verification Document (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Accepted documents include Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Two current forms of residency (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- TWO current, different verifications of the following documents are mandatory for residency verification. At the minimum, ONE form of residency verification must be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet in order for your packet to be reviewed. Accepted documentation: Deed to home, Mortgage statement/escrow paper, property tax receipt, current utility bill, receipt for deposit with local utility company, military orders, rental agreement, rent receipt, bank statement, any other legal document that establishes home address within school boundaries.
- Immunization Records
- All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed/up to date before the start of school in grades TK – 12 unless exempted as provided by law. For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit https://www.powayusd.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=3734800&type=d or the California Department of Health website at www.shotsforschool.org or contact your local health department or county office of education.
STEP 2: Login and complete the Digital Enrollment Packet Online(Portal opens on April 1 at 6:00 a.m.)
STEP 3: Download and/or Print and Sign any Noted Required Forms Located at the Conclusion of the Packet.
Once parents/guardians have completed the online enrollment packet please download any required forms. Sites will direct you on how and when to submit the completed forms.